Sunday, March 27, 2011

Yet Another New Painting!


Wow! It's so easy to get out of good habits: Art and Exercise. The exercise part because I had (I suspected) bronchitis and was coughing til my chest was lame...so I used that as an excuse not to walk and lift weights regularly...how quickly we lose any semblance of fitness!

The Art Part--fear of failure? Fear of beginning? Shear laziness? Anyway, I'd gotten a good start on this second portrait of Lynne. Tom saw it and liked the spontaneousness of the beginning, so I spent almost a week being afraid I'd wreck it by working on it...Today I just jumped in and did it...helped to have company coming in just an hour.

I'm teaching an online class, Doll Making as a Transformative Process, and am always telling my students to just Do IT! After the book I mentioned earlier saying that we have to do Anything for at least 10,000 hours to be any good at it...WHY do I ever allow myself to hesitate, even for a minute. I did take a photo first, just in case. Thank the Goddess for digital cameras!

Making Art, and Lots of it, HAS to be one of the most aggravating...and fun things in this life!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Pamela,

I love your paintings!!

Kim Tinsley

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home