Wednesday, July 06, 2011

What I've Been Working On--Does Art Imitate Life?

I'm afraid my new series of Venus of Willendorfs is an attempt to deal with my self image--the ravages of time and gravity on my formerly trim frame, when my only consistently dependable pleasure is food. If I lost my sense of taste, I might get thinner, but I'd be verry, verry sad.



I hope someone will tell me the advantages of aging, because I'm having difficulty appreciating them at the moment.







I don't have to worry as much about making salable work...it's more for my own amusement. I'm going to have to keep sewing, if I ever hope to use up
the fabric and buttons and other juicy tidbits I've accumulated
over the years.


I love these lush shapes as art, but when my own personal stomach becomes a separate entity, I become alarmed!




I hear the famous nine and a half foot tall doll is coming home--anybody out there want to take in a very large, but beautiful and imposing orphan?


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home