Monday, November 21, 2016

Being Thankful

What there was of my family in 1954...I am the gorgeous blonde creature in the middle, Mom and Dad, his brother, their parents, and the first 2 of my 4 brothers. We had many family Thanksgivings in their "modern" house in Bradford, VT

NW color...on the other side of the country, where I live now
I like Thanksgiving, an unashamed food holiday. Since I moved to the NW, the three brothers and spouses that live here decided I should host this holiday, and since Brian Palmer came into our lives a lot of years ago, and since 11/1/16 married to my brother, David, we've had themed Thanksgivings...just to keep things interesting.

Donkey-tail euphorbia in my gravel back yard, accented with a yellow poplar leaf and some beach stones

Northeast corner of my yard, sun on yellow poplar leaves, brilliant emerald playing field of the high school behind


More Local Color...this is a wonderful place to live
Focussing on the positive, I am very thankful for family, friends, where I live, and my ability to lose myself in art projects. See my other blog, with daily art works at: http://www.hotflashwomen.blogspot.com  It's almost time for Katie and My showing at Sequim Prairie Grange Holiday Bazaar 12/3 (Saturday)

1 Comments:

Blogger eileen2000 said...

I love your idea of themed Thanksgivings.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home