Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Don't Worry, Be Happy


 Wanting to make my two blogs slightly different...and so excited about regaining my connectivity from yesterday...I've added the skating figures I made several years ago to this post of the skater I finished yesterday to post something new. in the drawing for this figure, there were features, lines in the hair, and stripes on the clothes.

I think the shape is expressive without colors...and I made the body from a white-on-white print, in stead of muslin, which takes acrylic paint well. Unlike my usual Jump Right In habit, I actually tested the acrylic on a scrap of the fabric and it ran like crazy...so the new figure is not painted.





To see the actual post for yesterday, go to my other blog: http://www.hotflashwomen.blogspot.com


1 Comments:

Blogger Francesca said...

I am so glad to see the roller skating kids, which you brought for me when you and Katie came to visit. The little sculpture moves about--sometimes on its own and sometimes with my intervention. Love it--reminds me of my own two kids and those reckless play times.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home