Sunday, October 30, 2011

Prioritizing: Breakfast with Buddha


As I contemplate one more work day each week, starting tomorrow, I realize that I'm going to have to Triage even more than usual. I'm reading BREAKFAST WITH BUDDHA for book group, and although it's lite, the message of Buddhist non-attachment is clear, and helpful for me to remember, as I spend more time at work and less in the studio. I am determined to at least put a little paint on canvas, even if it is just a little, every weekend I'm home.

Here are my 2 most recent paintings: Brother, David, and my friend, Anita, who didn't want me to take her picture...I hope you don't mind, Anita.




I don't expect to get rich or famous, but something in me will only be happy if I keep making these... both to hone my skills and just to see what comes out. So, What is the meaning of Life? This is what makes me happy...and trying to be good and kind as much as I can. Why are people good? Buddhist and book questions, interesting to ponder.


And for my online class
in Three dimensional
doll construction, here's

the finished Yellow Doll.
I don't think she needs
legs.


I guess as long as I can still make things, I can stand going to work five days a week...and be grateful I have a job. Doug says he and Amal went to a Halloween party with him as the 99% and her as the 1%...you can just imagine...

Best wishes to friends and family in the Northeast, already under snow. I see snow on our mountains...not long before it hits sea level, I'm thinking. When you can't "do it ALL," Prioritize!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home