Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Friends, Art, Travel, Inspiration 1

I actually made a new painting: Coffee, Coffee--a painting with collage, currently on display at Harbinger Winery on Route 101 west of Port Angeles.

I love painting so much, why is it so challenging to get myself to do it? The last few weeks, now that it gets dark about 4:30 in the afternoon, I've been going into the studio to play--what fun! As I've always said, just doing Any kind of art work makes more ideas come...and it is necessary, even Vital, to allow yourself to get through the ugly stuff to get to the good stuff.






I've been invited to be a guest curator (of websites and blogs on CRESCENDOh.com starting the last Monday in December for a week, so I get to span the start of the New Year.

It has been interesting to look back through my old posts and to gather other interesting and inspiring blogs to feature. I seem to work best with the pressure of a dead-line, although sometimes the self-induced pressure gets ridiculous!

Two openings on Friday: Harbingers and the Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, where I added elements to a series of small collages I made last summer, as well as finishing up some small dolls...I love it ALL!


Diane Urbani de la Paz did a wonderful write up about me and the HOT FLASH book in 12/5/10 Peninsula Daily News and I will be interviewed by Karen Hanen on Art Beat, KONP, this Friday 12/10/10.

The response to this book has been AMAZING and all the 50 contributors can be very proud of your participation and the inspiration your stories have provided/will provide to women everywhere. When we reach out, others are there. We aren't alone. Maybe that's part of the magic of blogging--discovering that we share so much with so many others.

I need to keep reminding myself to take notes on all my many-branched aspirations so I don't forget any brilliant ideas. No, I can't do All of it in one day off, but if I keep plugging away, I get things done. After all, the book did take seven years and is now a 3-D Reality.


The time frame of blogging is challenging for me who gets so behind at times. My next post will be the remaining pictures from my trip back to New England and New York in October.

Note: I only have 1 box of my first printing of HOT FLASH left and would love to hear from folks who have had experience with printing on demand...or is there an Angel out there who would like to finance another printing??

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home