Monday, July 26, 2010

SIGN UP FOR MY CLASSES AT ART-IS-YOU

Art-Is-You, a premier Northeast Art Retreat, where I will be teaching three classes--Probably my last In Person Teaching experience except for Friday Harbor in November. Yes, I've found the perfect place to live, and will be settling in to write, make Art, maybe teach more online, and of course, do the job that makes all this possible.

Please join me for my Last Blast: (1) Dancing on the Edge, using Apoxie Sculpt and our imaginations to create mixed media sculptures...Anything you've ever dreamed of is possible!
(2) Star of My Own Show: Exercises, Extravaganzas, and Explosions, using our own faces as a jumping off point...I'll supply pre-sewn fabric forms...or you might want to make an exuberant paper doll...or many! (3) Angels and Icons: We'll play with the small icon form, in all its infinite variety, to create personal spirits, mermaids, goddesses, ancestor ladies, and personal decoration, with lots of opportunities for lace, beads, charms, and other embellishments. Go to the Workshop section of my website: http://www.pamelahastings.com for complete class descriptions or Art-is-You or my Facebook page or right here for breaking updates and class samples. I am looking forward to seeing many old friends and new.

PLUS: HOT FLASH: a Celebration will be available for perusal and purchase...this long-awaited books contains inspiring stories and images from women all over the world. Only 3 weeks left for contributions.

Skeleton armatures for Angels and Icons:

Lots of Angels and Icons:












Yet another Star of My Own Show--self-portrait in collage, and then as a paper doll:




















Dancing on the Edge: the possibilities of building creatures using Apoxie Sculpt, wire, and imagination are ENDLESS!






































Miracles and Masterpieces from Dollar Store Materials! Too many choices??? I will hold your hand and guide you on a Marvelous journey to Making some Mighty Fine Stuff!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger CathWren said...

Hi Pamela! Great to hear from you and to see that you are still creating your magical dolls. I envy your lovely cool weather. It has been too hot to work here in the south. We are setting heat records with each passing day, so I am embracing it and waiting it out until fall, which is not too far off.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home