Sunday, November 02, 2014

Retirement Rumination

I'll be using the laptop on the drafting table in my bedroom to do a reprise with additions of my Road Trip

We Boomers are a huge demographic, all retiring at once. There are lots of books and blogs giving advice about accomplishing this feat gracefully. I find I must endure the growing (into a different life phase) pains with my own personal ups and downs.

I've decided to use my other blog...Hot Flash Women to review my recent road trip and print up all the pictures, consolidate my writing--on computer and on a yellow notepad as I was driving--before I forget it all. 


Most recent portrait, #96 Hot Flash Woman, Sue Scott

A recent mixed media piece...was in recent Art/Word show in Port Townsend

I always have plenty of projects to work on, but then the question arises of where to store them. It costs plenty of money and time to enter shows, and then the sales are not brisk...out here, people still feel as if we are or might again be in a depression. I've always admired the Outsider Artists, who just keep making because that's what they do...I must emulate them...no more space for new fabrics or books...use up the good stuff!

2 Comments:

Blogger TwistedKnickers said...

Love Sue Scott's portrait!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Thanks, Twisted....I love doing portraits...AND the more interests one pursues in "retirement" the stretchier the brain stays.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home