Friday, July 18, 2014

Day 1, July 18, 2014

Kale in pots on my back deck


Cut Kale for breakfast eggs, along with Jalapeno cheddar scone from Pain D'Amore, fresh raspberries, guac from last night...and Tom Robbins book.


Delicious breakfast at home this morning


I've been planning and preparing for this trip since the beginning of the year...I hope I have everything...added a third pair of black jeans and a black linen top at the last minute. Both my Davids called.


My 2011 Honda Fit on the ferry...good ferry kharma...no waiting


Aside from the worry about routes 2 and 90 being closed because of forest fires, the trip is running smoothly today.


The Gumby Guardians...Tim made the shirt. They have been to Israel and Paris



Relief Map on the Ferry

If you look very closely, you'll see Port Angeles, 23 miles across the Strait of Juan de Fuca from Victoria, BC. I'll be coming home up the Pacific Coast from the mouth of the Columbia River on 8/24/14...37 days from now, so Stay Tuned!








We were expecting the first leg of the trip to take much longer with summer traffic, but many of the cars were headed to the Lavender Festival on the Peninsula. David was getting his mail just as i pulled in, around 3pm and I've been working in his 3rd floor studio with him.

Stay tuned for Battling Forest Fires tomorrow as I head for Hope, Idaho...wish me luck!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home