Sunday, March 24, 2013

Hanging In

Thena Westfall, today's painting
Since I live alone, I probably think WAY too much, especially on the weekends when the distraction of other people's problems at work is gone.

As I go though life, I see more and more that ART is where I want to spend my time and energy, and I am Very Grateful to have a Passion! 

I've talked with a number of patients, usually men, who can't imagine what they'd do without the structure of a job to go to. I've talked with even more people who say they can't imagine how they ever found time to go to work when they're So busy in retirement. Thank you to all the Volunteers who get things done around here!



Patience is a big challenge for me, these
days especially, when my energy runs
Pizza's ready--food as reward
out after only eight or nine hours, and
I know I have to go back to work tomorrow. I used to be able to do 12 or more hours
a day, and now I'm excited about doing
so many art projects, and what I Want to do, not just what I think will sell, I am frustrated not to be able to work day and night. Of course back in the day of craft 
fairs and travel, I kept going on Ibuprofen, and now my kidneys won't let me take 
any more.

I have to hang in there and not get too frustrated about no longer being able to work late into the night...at least my focus is narrowing on what i want to do. The
portraits keep appearing, my online 
classes start again May 1st. The beautiful
oak drafting/light table is waiting for graphic novels, two sculptures started, seeing family
regularly. I try to limit my weed pulling and rock arranging to 30 minutes at a time, get 
exercise every day, work on changing US health care delivery, pace myself, be grateful for the things I Can do and not stress about the rest...Hanging In There!




 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home