Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Excuses! Excuses!


I just received Art Girlz latest message and Blog, and know that again I have slipped back into my bad old uncommunicative ways. I don't suppose that taking classes the last two weekends for work, making pieces for the Port Angeles Fine Art Center Christmas show, and trying to get my doll book in shape to go to the printer in early December is any excuse...I've found sleep to be the best cure for the cold that's been going around at the office, too.
Every day I hear heart-wrenching stories from people who are ill with not enough insurance coverage or have lost half the savings they thought they had for retirement. I know I'm going to be keeping my "day job" until I'm 70, if I can keep staggering to work and if the arthritis in my thumbs doesn't keep me from moving other people's flesh around.
I feel a bit of hope and new optimism and feeling for our fellow humans since the recent election...I hope it continues. Together we can change the world...one person at a time.
The Seattle family is all coming to my house for Thanksgiving, but, inspired by David's boyfriend, Brian, it's going to be an All Pie Thanksgiving, with turkey shepherd's pie, stuffing pie with creamed onions inside, squash pie in a pumpernickle crust, and I made my own mince meat for the first time, with a can of elk donated by Elzie--it's Delicious! I Will send pictures, and maybe even recepies. I'm at page 102 on the second edition of DESIGNING A DOLL AND MAKING FACES INSPIRATION BOOK (love those long titles!)...and SOON it will be available for sale. Lots of color pictures and step-by-step design and construction of several of my dolls that you will be able to duplicate.
I've been having some difficulty with getting messages through my website, so if you've placed an order and haven't heard back from me, please email. I'm working on getting a local web wiz who has time to help, because I'd like to start teaching classes directly through my site. In person classes are coming up in Tucson and now in Corvalis, OR, too. I'm looking forward to getting to know the Northwest better. I never thought I'd take so easily to becoming a laid-back West Coast Gal.

Above, CHASING TIME WHILE IT FLIES and right,
GOING NOWHERE IN A HURRY WITH INTIMATIONS
OF MORTALITY are two newish pieces in the style of
the Famous Faces series, except I bound the edges
with copper foil ususally used for stained glass. I like
long semi-nonsensical titles, too, great for weird (positive
term) dolls. I'm happy to receive your contributions/sugges-
tions for additional titles. I have to add a few new pieces
this weekend.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger beadbabe49 said...

pamela, could you put a link to your classes on your blog? I've got friends who live in corvallis and might be interested in taking your doll class.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home